Saturday, February 10, 2007

Engagements and Bells Ringing


I was looking forward to it - finally hearing the "will you marry me" liner. Well I didn't really hear those exact words. Mine was more like a "business proposal". Funny, I didn't realize that he was talking of lifetime partnership all the while - changing surnames and titles [laughs]. I was so absorbed in analyzing his business goals and how those could be possible. I am really slow sometimes. Fortunately, I got the gist after few minutes of his redundant statements in hope of making the point clear.

There was no candle lit dinner [we were actually in a beer garden having some bar-b-q's and sizzlers], no live music on the background [at least the new version of APO's panalangin was humming a sort of backgrounder] and no sparkling diamond ring surprises [to follow!]. It was very candid, just like how we started. Yet, he got an easy answer from me. I think he was expecting that as well but everything still sounded like a big surprise. Heart starting to beat faster, blushes, butterflies in the stomach, hesitations - on his part I suppose :D fear of rejection and shame to admit his deepest feelings [sounding cheesy] etc.

I think I'm making it too easy for him :D Fact is, I just wanted things to be clear enough, no going around the bushes. Just hit the target at once. Know what you want and don't keep on changing them. Otherwise, we'd be wasting time. I wanted us to have bigger dreams and spend more time together while achieving them. This is one small leap towards realization and I'm savouring every step we're making. It was indeed dance-able and I am enjoying the beat. BY the way, it is ROCK :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home